Monday, August 22, 2005

This MONTH's REWIND

August....you have been very, very good to me. Typically August has been a pain in my ass. Here in Boston, August weather gets even the superfreaks down as the musty climates hit Oppressive on the whiner scales. However, this August, albeit HOT, threw me some Pedro Martinez curveballs.

I swung.

And sent one deep into left field.

Where to begin....Ah...yes [enter dream sequence music]........................
Sometime after posting about my epiphany that Stacy Ferguson from Kids Incorporated was in fact Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas I got a phone call saying I was wanted for a job in Maine. Maine?

But, what's there to do in Maine I wondered.....



WOW! That looks like a lot of fun. This is something I really need to think about. But, my present office was no place for that kind of decision making.

So I decided to get away. Collect my thoughts and decide on what was best for me. There was no choice but to go to Hawaii.

Hawaii was exactly what I needed. It was so peaceful, beautiful and serene. I got a lot of thinking done.


After all that thinking I decided I shouldn't exclude myself from the group and ventured out to make new friends.


Now, Hawaii was great and all but I was missing the mainland pretty badly. All that salt water was going straight to my head and I needed something to take the edge off. Hey, Las Vegas sounds fun!

So off I went to SIN CITY. I got my mind on my money and my money on my mind. I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel because let's face it, I like to rock hard while in Vegas.

While at the Hard Rock I caught a Tom Petty show..Is it me or does this dude look like a candle gradually melting away? Now I know how Free Falling got started.

I also played 14 hours of black jack with a couple of guys from Ohio.


All in all, another great piece of the trip. But, I was forgetting the issue at hand. MAINE. It would be a big decision for me to make. The biggest decision of my life. Boston has been great to me. I feel like I have earned the been there done that T-Shirt for Boston. I saw the Sox win the championship and the Pats a couple too. I guess it's time to trade in my T-pass for some snow tires and make my way up north.

I leave on Sunday. Go Black Bears!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the new job...and from the looks of it..you enjoyed hawaii too fucking much and didn't take me with you dammit!

6:51 AM  
Blogger MaineSqueeze said...

Thanks....as soon as I get re-acquainted with the world's news and affairs I will get back to making you LYFAO

7:55 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Sounds like the trip was a blast. Glad you had fun! And welcome home!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home