Saturday, August 06, 2005

$.33 per minute and the Pacific Time Zone

My first night in LA was nothing like I saw on TV. I didn't see any celebs, nor did I see any riots. LA, to me, is just like any other Joe of a city. The beach was pretty sweet though. It is definitely a surfer's paradise. Everyone seems to be a part of the surf culture and I even saw a guy hauling his board with a contraption he put on his bike. Narly.

I leave for Honolulu tomorrow morning at 6:30 Am...that's 9:30 for most of y'all.

This time zone thing is killing me. I went to bed at 9:15 thinking it was like 2 Am and woke up at 4am. And they tell me Hawaii is 2 more hours back. by the time I get back to Boston I will feel like I am 2 days behind. At least I can use the internet at $.33 per minute. It's not so bad. Blogs at $5 a pop. You gotta do what ya gotta do.

I still haven't figured out what Soovies to get here in LA. Chances are I won't be back here in a very long time. If I come to California again I am going to Napa or San Fran or Big Bear.

LA is full of smog, traffic and the occassional D-List celebrity buying cigarettes at 7-11. Maybe some day I will tell you who can't live without their Camels. I wouldn't mind a quick jaunt down to Hollywood Boulevard though and get into some trouble before I leave...

Miss you Boston & 226 South.

3 Comments:

Blogger MaineSqueeze said...

Thanks Spex. See I told you I'd blog. You owe me $27.50 for all this internet time. HA

4:08 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

If youre looking for trouble, you gotta hit Sunset Blvd. ;)

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao!! the check is in the mail...ha!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home