Thursday, August 04, 2005

We Are the World

Dear Boston,
It is with great sadness that effective September 1, 2005 that I must resign from my position as citizen of your historic city and move on to the greener and snowier pastures of Maine. As a loyal member of Red Sox Nation and frequent supporter of Sam Adams, I will now serve in those roles as a New Englander, instead of primarily a Bostonian. I am certain my love for this city and my heavy heart for those who live in it can never be erased. I will be "home" every chance I get.

I have had a wonderful experience living in this great city. I hope that Maine can live up to the expectations I have set for it and the ideals of Boston which I will carry over the border. Best of luck in the future and I know I will see you soon.




Not Quite Canada, but Pretty Damn Close

Fun Things I Can Look Forward To

  1. Finding the longest distance in between highway exits. My record so far is 42 miles.
  2. Stephen King sightings at Walmart.
  3. Getting a pet moose.
  4. L.L. Bean at 2AM.
  5. Getting rid of my car and opting for a gas friendly dog sled crew.
  6. Fighting over who has the nicest mobile home in the neighborhood.
  7. Wood stove shopping.
  8. Getting more use out of my bright orange and camoflague attire.
  9. More flannel options to choose from at the mall.
  10. Driving to Boston every chance I get!



You'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on

Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart

No matter what they say

You'll be here in my heart

Always.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMMFAO!!!!!! #5 is the funniest fuckin thing on the list...

but congrats on your new job!!! and i hope you like maine...damn..i've never even thought to go there like ever..lol

6:43 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

LOL congrats and good luck!!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Aww, the bittersweetness of an interstate relocation...

Blessings to you! :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger MaineSqueeze said...

Spex, Dan, & Goddess- Thanks for the warm wishes. i will only be like 3 hours away so no worries. They can't take the Boston outta the girl.

Thank god for internet.

7:13 AM  
Blogger MaineSqueeze said...

I just added scarf to the birthday wish list

10:24 AM  
Blogger MaineSqueeze said...

I actually went to the University of Maine so i am not a stranger to the ways of Maine.

I have seen/met Stephen King before. he loves it up there so I know I will see him again. Actually, i think he used me as a template for Carrie.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home