Monday, August 15, 2005

Good Bye Hawaii

You know what is really funny to me? Here in Hawaii the Japanese population is immense. The ratio of Japanese to American is 3-1. Most everything has a Japanese translation and the culture here is definitely geared to accomodate the Japanese. Now correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it the Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941? Hmm....interesting.

I know it has been a while since I have posted. We had out tournament this whole weekend. Don't even go there though. Let's just say we had some trouble on the ball field.

Today I leave for Las Vegas. My flight leaves at 8PM Hawaii time. The time difference hasn't been kind to me and I hear it is even worse on the flip side.

I finally bought a Ukelele last night and serenaded some hookers.

Kids don't ride bikes here. They ride skateboards. One kid told me bikes are for losers.

I need to finish up my tourist shopping today. I can't forget to pick up a flip flop fly swatter and an "I got leid" t-shirt. Seriously, you would not believe the people that actually DO buy that stuff.

I can't wait to play poker and see my boo.
xoxoxoxoxo

6 Comments:

Blogger defiant goddess said...

I would definitely buy an I got leid t-shirt.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Spexial said...

lmao @ bikes are for losers....HAHAHAHAHAH fucking kids i tell ya!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Lady Sappho said...

I would SOOOOO get one of those t-shirts. Well, have a great trip back to the mainland. Can't wait til you get home and can REALLY fill us in. Most of all, I hope you enjoyed your trip.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Spexial said...

alright dammit where are you!!??

9:06 AM  
Blogger Spexial said...

alright dammit i looked for your email address to harass your ass but it's not on here..i'm looking 4 you....*on the bullhorn in the middle of the street* hey stay, where the fuck are you, anybody seen stay??????

1:49 PM  
Blogger ukuleleblue said...

Actually, having so many Japanese people in Hawaii is nothing new. Most of the Hawaiians died out when the Westerns moved in to grow crops there. The population of Hawaiian peoples dropped over 75%! Asia workers were imported in the 19th century to work the crops. When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941, there were more Japanese in Hawaii than Hawaiians and Americans combined!

Fascinating to say the least.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home